PANTA REI…everything flows…
Panta Rei is a beautiful centre for sustainable development education near Lake Trasimeno.
The centre is open all year and it’s entirely built according to the principles of green building, with natural materials, producing energy from the sun and biomass and using natural materials and Phyto-purification systems for the ecological management of water.
Activities are carried out in spaces that promote socialization, built with particular attention to the materials employed and simply furnished. It is built to accommodate groups of up to 60 people with 3 to 9 bed dormitories, a dining room and spaces for workshops and activities.
It is also suitable for a holiday period if you want to relax, enjoy nature and good quality food: in fact, only organic and self-produced raw materials are used in the kitchen and only seasonal ingredients. Set in an oak wood in a panoramic terrace overlooking the Trasimeno hills, this place is just perfect for hiking and other outdoor activities.
Workshops, excursions and activities are offered with continuity.
These are the main activities offered according to the weeks and seasons:
- Basket weaving
- Green building
- Seedbed and Winter Garden management (according to the principles of biodynamics, natural and synergistic agriculture)
- Self-production of natural soaps
- Baking and care of sourdough
- Natural cuisine and wild herbs
- Preserves (jams, olives, chicory and acorns coffee, etc.)
- Folk dances
- Weaving with looms
- Creative games
- Macramé weaving
- Experimental theatre
- School camps during which boys and girls are involved in the management of the structure together with the operators, from preparing the meals to tidying. Here they take responsibility for the place that hosts them, they put into practice their ability to cooperate and experience directly the functioning of an ecological house/building.
- Daily educational visits: a journey through guided exploration and workshops (from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm), including breakfast, lunch and snacks made of organic and self-produced ingredients.
- Activities in the classroom to develop projects related to sustainable development and environmental education at school.
- Cantiere Scuola: a permanent construction site. The idea behind it is that the education system needs to improve not only the subjects taught, but also the methods through which skills and knowledge are transferred to students. The students involved in the training process are encouraged to practice things and take part in manual activities. Thanks to this practical immersion questions and curiosities are stimulated and then answered directly on the construction site itself or within the theoretical classes that support the practical activities.
For more information, please visit the website.
- Activities (8)
- Farm products (4)
- Fattoria dell'autosufficienza (38)
- News (62)
- Our models (14)
- Permaculture (23)
- Senza categoria (2)
- Things to do (22)
- Tourist attractions (15)